I came across an interesting article on Xanga on “10 things you didn’t know you could do with lime” … haahaa just sharing because I thought it was rather nifty :D
1. They help with hangovers. According to DeAnna Batdorff (an Ayurvedic practitioner in Cali), a helpful healing concoction to consume the morning after a heavy night of drinking consists of 2 teaspoons of lime juice and 2 pinches of sugar in an 8-oz glass of water. She says the lime cleanses the liver while the sugar helps pick up glucose levels after their alcoholic drop.
2. They clean microwaves. According to Ellen Sandbeck (the author of Organic Housekeeping), lime juice (about 3 tablespoons) mixed with water and heated in the microwave until boiling point is extremely effective at cleaning. It gets splatters off of the inside of the microwave as well as any store-bought household cleaning product!
3. They brighten skin. Adding lime juice to a body scrub (particularly if you are home-making it!) adds vitamin C in, which contains acids and salt that rid skin of dead cells in a rejuvenating way. One mixture idea for blemish-control: combine a tablespoon of lime juice with 2 tablespoons of prune juice, slather it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
4. They help fight diseases. Adding lime (or, presumably, lemon) juice to a cup of green tea aids the release and digestion of more of the tea’s catechins, or antioxidants that have been shown to reduce the risks of cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
5. They help get rid of a sore throat. Mixing lime juice with a little bit of honey (best together in tea, in my experience) is an effective way to soothe throat pains.
6. They help lessen the itchiness of mosquito bites. Rubbing lime on mosquito bites should aid in itch-relief. This trick should also work for stings from coral.
7. They soothe headaches. Placing lime on your head should lessen the pain of an average headache. They have also been shown to reduce fever when applied this way.
8. They help to get rid of dandruff. Rubbing lime juice onto your scalp for 15-20 minutes and then rinsing it out should moisturize the skin and get rid of extra flakes, leaving you dandruff free!
9. They lighten your hair. As with lemon juice, streaking some lime juice in your hair and spending some time in the sun should leave those streaked sections noticeably lighter than the rest of your hair. Repeat more times for enhanced streak.
10. They get rid of kitchen odors. Grind a lime into a sink garbage disposal for an overall fresher scent.